Yes, you need a little more than a bikini.
WHAT TO BRING
- Flashlight or headlamp (for walking at night or occasional power outages). Keychain LEDs are handy too!
- A hat. The sun is hot!
- Umbrella and rain poncho.
- Swim suit!
- Prescription meds. There is a pharmacy in Placencia but it may not carry your prescription.
- Small first-aid kit for cuts, scrapes, burns, stings.
- Water shoes or sport sandals with heel straps (required on some tours). Socks if you are doing the ATM tour.
- Lightweight, casual clothing. T-shirts and shorts are welcome everywhere.
- Camera, and don’t forget your charger or extra batteries.
- A hairdryer if you need one. We do not provide them in the rooms.
- Baby needs, ie. car seat, portable crib, safety gear for tours.
- Small denomination US $ bills – they can be used interchangeably with Belize dollars for tips, and in smaller shops and restaurants. US $ are not a problem but some places may have difficulty changing them into smaller denominations.
- A sense of humor.
THINGS YOU MAY NEED, BUT ARE READILY AVAILABLE HERE
- Beach towels: We provide them.
- Iron: Wrinkled is OK around here! But if you must iron, you can borrow one from the front desk.
- Insect repellent: Common brands of DEET-based repellents are available in the local stores and even in the hotel gift shop.
- Sunscreen: Again, several brands are available in the local shops and hotel gift shop. If you have special needs, though (ie for young children), you may consider bringing some anyway.
- Expensive electronics or jewelry. While most of our accommodations have in-room safes, it is better not to tempt fate with things you may not need.